Re: [monit] Resetting Checksums

From: Art Age Software
Subject: Re: [monit] Resetting Checksums
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:48:41 -0700

An update... It is worse than I thought. 'unmonitor/monitor' does not
work at all for this case. Once monit cycled out of 'initializing'
state, I received the following two alerts:

'file' permission test failed for /etc/file -- current permission is 0000
'file' checksum test failed for /etc/file

and monit unmonitored the files (and all objects with dependencies on
those files).

Sam