Re: [monit] Resetting Checksums

From: Art Age Software
Subject: Re: [monit] Resetting Checksums
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:37:23 -0700

Hi Jan-Henrik,

'monit reload' seems to reset all checksums on all files and I think
they don't get regenerated until the next monitoring cycle. In my
case, this is once per hour on these files, so the files are then in a
"vulnerable" state (with no checksum) for up to 60 minutes.

I'm looking for a method that

1) regenerates the checksum on one specified file, and
2) does so immediately without waiting for the next monit cycle

Something like:   $ monit reset /etc/myfile

Thanks,

Sam