Re: {Disarmed} Re: [monit] Is this possible?

From: Scott Silva
Subject: Re: {Disarmed} Re: [monit] Is this possible?
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:09:05 -0700

on 7-31-2008 2:52 PM Dimitri Yioulos spake the following:
Pierrick,

I thought of using rc.local, but idmissed it as running my script prior to MySQL starting. I went ahead and added a line at the end of rc.local and, of course, it worked. And, I call myself a sysadmin. Yeesh. Thanks for the tip, and for sticking with me.

Given the possible race condition that a dependency might create, is it worth it?

rc.local is supposed to be the last thing run after all the other init processes are finished, including the sysV init processes.

That should get your initial load of the tables, and the monit entry should take care of keeping it loaded.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and