Re: [monit] Unable to Install Monit 5.0 Beta1

From: Brian Downey
Subject: Re: [monit] Unable to Install Monit 5.0 Beta1
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:31:10 -0700

On Jul 23, 2008, at 6:19 AM, John Timms wrote:

I'm trying to install Monit 5.0 Beta 1 on a completely clean Ubuntu Server. It fails at the make command. This is what I've done, in chronological order:
installed:

<snip>

error:
   byacc -dt p.y
   byacc: f - cannot open "y.tab.h"
   make: *** [y.tab.c] Error 2

If I remember correctly, I ran into this identical problem when building on some HP-UX servers. The solution for us was to use flex instead of bison, I just couldn't get bison to work at all. The monit build only needs one or the other.

Hope that helps...

-Brian