Re: [monit] Monitoring processes without a pidfile

From: Brian Downey
Subject: Re: [monit] Monitoring processes without a pidfile
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:26:10 -0700

On Jul 22, 2008, at 1:04 PM, Daniel Clark wrote

The example script didn't work for me, because the service would fork
off another process as part of becoming a daemon. The below ugly shell
code seems to do the trick, but makes me think I should just use
runit/daemontools for this after all...

<snip>
CMD="$DIR/bin/logpp -d -r 5 -t www.example.com -l debug $DIR/etc/ $ME.conf"

Did you try "exec" in front of the command? That will let the child inherit
the script's pid & environment upon termination.

-Brian