Re: [monit] Need help restarting an app.

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Need help restarting an app.
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 03:52:30 +0200

You need to specify full path to kill in the stop statement (e.g. /usr/ bin/killall)

On Jul 4, 2008, at 2:14 AM, SPAZ wrote:

I have tried every vareation of the kill command and cannot come up with a
working one.

check process Phantom_World with pidfile /mangos1/bin/mangos.pid
  stop program = "killall -TERM mangos-world"
  if cpu is greater than 60% for 2 cycles then alert
  if cpu > 80% for 5 cycles then restart
  if totalmem > 500 MB for 5 cycles then restart
  if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then stop

it monotors the resources fine bit when i issue a monit reload command to reloan the monitrc file it says killall (or what ever i put there command doesn't exist.) but when i run killall -s kill mangos-world from ssh shell
the app shuts down with no issue.

Martin Pala wrote:

you can send signal to process using for example kill/pkill/killall,
for example:

killall -TERM app