Re: [monit] Re: Monit reporting every night because of backup

From: Phillip B Oldham
Subject: Re: [monit] Re: Monit reporting every night because of backup
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:59:03 +0100

I see a similar issue on our rackspace server, due to mysql backups around midnight. Still to find a fix.

Frank Niedermann wrote:
Hi,

am I the only one with this issue? I mean, everybody is doing backups,
right?

I know that I could stop monit before starting the backup and start monit
after backup has finished but thats not a very good solution. Anybody got a
better idea?

Frank

Frank Niedermann wrote:

Hi,

every night at 3am monit reports about cpu limit reached. That's because
my server gets backed up at 3am and is having a high load at this time.

Is there a way to tell monit to ignore cpu limits if it's between a
defined time period?

How do you handle this situation on your systems?

Thanks,
  Frank

--

Phillip B Oldham
The Activity People

Policies

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s) only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error, please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error. No action should be taken regarding content, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium, and we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus. We must advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are completely virus free, and that you understand and observe the lack of security when e-mailing us.