Re: [monit] monit process dying with "floating point exception"

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] monit process dying with "floating point exception"
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 20:39:45 +0200

Please can you provide stacktrace?

1.) compile monit from source (need non-stripped binary) ... please provide also full output of "configure" and "make"

  configure
  make

2.) run monit with "-vI" options ...

  gdb monit

and in gdb prompt:

  run -vI

after it crashes:

  bt
  info threads

Please send full output.

3.) please provide output of "file monit" ... is monit compiled as 64-bit or 32-bit?

Thanks,
Martin

MSc wrote:
hi,

I am quite new to this topic and I am encountering some problems.

I am trying to run monit on a Ubuntu 8.04 server to monitor several
processes (some mongrels, nginx)

Everything works as supposed to but as soon there are any requests coming in
the monit process will die as soon as the next poll is done with a "floating
point exception". (running monit -Iv) As long as there are no request coming
in everything is fine. I can start and top the monitored processes without
problems etc.

I have tried monit Versions 4.8.1 and 4.10.1

Even cutting down the config to merely "set daemon 60" and one single
mongrel process to monitor did not help. The problem seems to be of general
nature since no matter what process I try to monitor the same "floating
point exception" keeps appearing after any activity on the monitored
process.

Does anybody know why this is happening?
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

MSc