Re: [monit] monit status PID shows -1

From: Brian Downey
Subject: Re: [monit] monit status PID shows -1
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 09:37:42 -0700

Actually, I've come to discover that 'monit status' is missing a whole bunch of stuff... This is the output from a known-working host:

  status                            running
  monitoring status                 monitored
  load average                      [0.70] [0.29] [0.10]
  cpu                               4.8%us 13.4%sy 1.5%wa
  memory usage                      171276 kB [33.2%]
  data collected                    Fri May  2 12:41:34 2008

And the output from my problem host:

  status                            running
  monitoring status                 monitored
  data collected                    Fri May 2 12:31:37 2008

The top is from a Linux host, and the bottom from my HPUX one. Both sources were configured with resource monitoring. Am I troubleshooting this in vain on HPUX?

Thanks!
Brian