[monit] best practices for monitoring mongrels with monit?

From: Elijah Wright
Subject: [monit] best practices for monitoring mongrels with monit?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:37:35 -0500

Hello,

We're interested in hearing from folks who have worked out a set of "best practices" for monitoring mongrels with monit.

My local setup is remarkably similar to the one currently found in the " Practical Programmers Deploying Rails Apps Beta" PDF, as well as several other examples that we've seen floating around on the web.

Has someone gone to the trouble to do a pro/con analysis of a couple of different approaches, so that we can get a better idea of what folks have tried?

[We'd be sort of miserable if we didn't have monit... it allows us to build some beautiful things!]

thanks very much in advance,

--elijah