[monit] dependance not configured correctly

From: Barry
Subject: [monit] dependance not configured correctly
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:57:55 +0200

Hallo List

I’ve installed monit 4.8.1 on my ubuntu server and here is my control file:

check process freerad with pidfile /var/run/freeradius/freeradius.pid

        start program = "/etc/init.d/freeradius start"

        stop program = "/etc/init.d/freeradius stop"

        if changed pid then restart

        depends on postgres

check process postgres with pidfile /var/run/postgresql/8.2-main.pid

        if changed pid then unmonitor

        if failed port 5432 protocol pgsql then unmonitor

What I am trying to achieve is that freeradius is only monitored while postgres is running.

When postgres is stopped, freeradius monitoring should also stop and when postgres is started, freeradius monitoring should start.

The above config keeps on restarting freeradius whether postgres is running or not.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards

Barry