[monit] Group handling not working

From: Sean Brown
Subject: [monit] Group handling not working
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:25:20 -0500

I've got a couple of groups in my monit config:

check process mongrel_web_8905
 with pidfile /www/current/log/mongrel.8905.pid
 start program = "/bin/mongrel_launcher 8905
/www/current/config/mongrel_cluster.yml start"
 stop program = "/bin/mongrel_launcher 8905
/www/current/config/mongrel_cluster.yml stop"
 if totalmem is greater than 100.0 MB for 4 cycles then restart
 if cpu is greater than 50% for 2 cycles then alert
 if cpu is greater than 80% for 3 cycles then restart
 if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then restart
 if 20 restarts within 20 cycles then timeout
 group mongrels_web

check process mongrel_web_8906
 with pidfile /www/current/log/mongrel.8906.pid
 start program = "/bin/mongrel_launcher 8906
/www/current/config/mongrel_cluster.yml start"
 stop program = "/bin/mongrel_launcher 8906
/www/current/config/mongrel_cluster.yml stop"
 if totalmem is greater than 100.0 MB for 4 cycles then restart
 if cpu is greater than 50% for 2 cycles then alert
 if cpu is greater than 80% for 3 cycles then restart
 if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then restart
 if 20 restarts within 20 cycles then timeout
 group mongrels_web

However, if I try to start, stop, restart or get a status using the
group option, I get this:

# monit -g mongrels_web stop
monit: please specify the configured service name or 'all' after stop

If I do:
# monit -g mongrels_web status, it prints out the status for ALL of my
services, not just this group.

I've tried this on both monit 4.9 and 4.10.1 with the same result.

Any ideas?

Sean