[monit] Can a service belong to more than one group?

From: Sean Brown
Subject: [monit] Can a service belong to more than one group?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:47:28 -0500

Can I have a process belong to more than one group?  For instance if I
had (some snips for brevity):

check process apache
   with pidfile "/usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid"
   <snip>
   group web
   group http

check process apache2
   with pidfile "/usr/local/apache2/logs/httpd.pid"
   <snip>
   group web
   group http

check process some_app_server
   with pidfile "/usr/local/some_app_server/logs/foo.pid"
   <snip>
   group web
   group appservers

check process some_other_app_server
   with pidfile "/usr/local/some_other_app_server/logs/bar.pid"
   <snip>
   group web
   group appservers

This way if I needed to bring down both apaches AND appservers, I could call:

monit -g web restart

But if I only needed to bounce the appservers, I could do:

monit -g appservers restart

Is that allowed?  The documentation doesn't cover it.

Thanks in advance,

Sean