[monit] Server Won't Boot

From: mike johnson
Subject: [monit] Server Won't Boot
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 11:14:24 -0500

I have monit 4.10.1 installed on my server and everything seemed to be going ok. It would restart apache from time to time as I needed it to. Then last night the server went down for some reason. Since this is a dedicated server I sent a reboot request to my host. They responded with

"The system is failing on reboot. The error message is :

Cannot execute /usr/local/bin/monit"

They kept working with the server then finally said

"
Your server won't reboot after repeated instances to rebuild the init.d . The only choice we have left is to reload your OS. Please let us know if you have any external backups for us to proceed with the reload."

Why would monit keep the server from booting?

Cheers,
Mike