[monit] Configuration file not being parsed out properly

From: Jake Conk
Subject: [monit] Configuration file not being parsed out properly
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:26:29 -0800

Hello,

According to the documentation here,
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/manual.php#setting_a_mail_server_for_alert_messages
we can configure a user name and password to be used when connecting
to our mail servers however when I add them I get errors by monit:

# sudo monit validate
/etc/monitrc:37: Error: hostname did not resolve 'username'
/etc/monitrc:37: Error: hostname did not resolve 'testuser'
/etc/monitrc:37: Error: hostname did not resolve 'password'
/etc/monitrc:37: Error: hostname did not resolve 'testpw'
/etc/monitrc:37: Error: syntax error 'TLSV1'

My configuration line looks like this:

set mailserver localhost port 25 username "testuser" password "testpw"
using TLSV1

Can anyone spot anything wrong with this? It looks correct to me.

Also another problem is the man page isn't as up to date as the doc is
with the available options for set mailserver. The man page does not
list which options are available except for the PORT option.

I'm using version 4.8.1-65 if that helps.

Plase let me know what's wrong with my configuration :(

Thanks,
- Jake