Re: [monit] Help trying to access monit httpd from remote computer

From: Severin Gehwolf
Subject: Re: [monit] Help trying to access monit httpd from remote computer
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:34:38 +0100

Hi!

> I am trying to setup monit so that I can access it remotely from my
> computer because I don't have a gui or a decent browser installed on
> my server to use the monit interface so anyways this is what I have in
> my config:
>
> /etc/monitrc:
> set httpd port 2812
>       allow monit:secret
>
> I then used lsof to make sure it was running which it is:
>
> $> sudo lsof -i | grep monit
> monit     6173   root    5u  IPv4 685820       TCP *:atmtcp (LISTEN)

Try using an ssh tunnel instead. Forward the remote port (2812) to some
local high range port. When you have the tunnel established, access the
Web-interface by pointing your browser to
http://localhost:<localport-of-sshtunnel>

So for example on a terminal you would establish the tunnel:

# ssh -N -L 8899:yourhost:2812 yourhost &

and then in your browser:

http://localhost:8899

It should then ask you for the login credentials.

---
Severin