Re: [monit] monitoring nfs mounts

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] monitoring nfs mounts
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:58:11 +0100

You can run monit in verbose mode with -v options and check the monit logs. When the file is not available, then monit should report error.

You can also check the system logs and/or mnttab using monit's content test and check remote services using tcp/udp tests. You can also use hint no. 13 from monit's FAQ: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/faq.php

Martin

Leng Siakkhasone wrote:
I have a mail server that mount nfs mounts from a file server. I would like to be notified if/when the file server is unreachable by the mail server. I tried using a token file with the following:

# /homes/home01 is the nfs mount
check file home01 with path /homes/home01/monit.token
   group hyper

But that did not work. 'monit summary' still showed it as accessible even though the file server was offline.

I would appreciate any suggestions and/or strategies for monitoring an nfs mount. Thanks.

-leng