Re: [monit] Process Generates Two PIDs

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Process Generates Two PIDs
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:04:24 +0100

You will need to split the startup script to two parts (start each process independently). According to your script, it shouldn't be problem. Monit will watch each process separately

Martin

Teresa Havel wrote:
I have a process, tcpaprscvt, that when it is started, it actually generates two processes with two different pids. It does not create a pid file, so I will be using the suggestion(which I got from your archives) to create a pid file by adding this line at the end of my startup script: pgrep tcparscvt > /var/run/tcpaprscvt.pid
The start up script(startAPRScvt) is currently:

cd /home/aprsd2
UMASK=766
export TZ=CST6CDT
/home/aprsd2/tcpaprscvt -t -p 1 grb localhost 14579 &
/home/aprsd2/tcpaprscvt -t -p 1 crs localhost 14580 &

I works fine to manually restart the script. But as you can see, it actually starts two tcpaprscvt processes which each have their own pid. When I create the pid file, it has two pids in it. Will monit be able to handle this pid file properly? Thanks.