RE: [monit] Problem when monit restart services without a pid file

From: William Tisäter
Subject: RE: [monit] Problem when monit restart services without a pid file
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:03:01 +0100

Hi again!

Lets ignore my earlier posts.

I have one service on my server controlled by a script with three functions:
start, stop and status.

The start command will run a java process and some more; this is the processes
I want to monitor.

Status for this processes taken from the pid file will not be valid, instead
the status script will run several tests and return the status.

I want monit to check if this service is up all the time, where up is defined
by the status script returning OK.

/ William