[monit] I want monit to stop a process when monitored one doesn't start

From: Edith de la Torre
Subject: [monit] I want monit to stop a process when monitored one doesn't start
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:40:48 +0100

Hello:

I have a process being monitored by monit. Now, if it doesn`t start,
usually we do:

if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

but i want something like:

if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then exec "stop another process"

but monit tells me there's an error in configuration file when i use
"exec".

So what can i do if i want monito to stop process 2 when process 1 is
down and does not start?

Thanks in advanced for your help

--
GPG Key ID: DBD0DDBB
Linux User: 48597

 address@hidden

pub  1024D/DBD0DDBB 2001-03-18 Edith de la Torre <address@hidden>
     Key fingerprint = 3B06 6657 91EF 27C5 394D  C9B2 31E5 35D1 DBD0 DDBB
sub  1024g/1E6A0BEC 2001-03-18