Re: [monit] Monit alerts of failure to start but it succeeds

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Monit alerts of failure to start but it succeeds
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:51:50 +0100

Please run monit in verbose mode (-v option) and check logs.

Monit currently waits one cycle for the process to start (unless the "every" option is used). If the process starts slower, then it reports error. If your testing cycle is short, you can also consider making in slightly longer.

We plan to support method timeouts in the future:
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#38

Martin