Re: [monit] monit , monitor a procces without a pid file

From: David Campbell
Subject: Re: [monit] monit , monitor a procces without a pid file
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:09:48 +0000

address@hidden wrote:
Hy friends,

Have a questions: monit can monitor a process without a pid file , but
have a pid number?
So let say have some process called test.
If give the command ps auxww | egrep test and the result is
root 4435 0.0 0.1 2332 148 ? Ss 06:33 0:00 test
the pid is 4435,
how can I put somenthing like that in monit conf file to check that
program  test is working.It si possible to create a virtual pid file as
result ps command? I have let say the stop and start commands....

If it's your process why not make the startup script write a pid file?

Dave