Re: [monit] Support for SIP protocol test

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] Support for SIP protocol test
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:50:06 +0100

On Nov 8, 2007, at 11:38 AM, pierrick grasland wrote:

Currently, i'm trying to create a new protocol test for SIP. For that, I have follow the steps as listed in protocols/NOTES, but monit doesn't seems to accept my protocol. I'm using monit 4.10.1, and also try with monit 4.9 .

monit -v validate prompt :

monit: Debug: Adding host allow 'localhost' (127.0.0.1).
monit: Debug: Adding net allow ' 192.168.1.209'.
monit: Debug: Adding credentials for user 'admin'.
/home/pierrick/temp/bin/monitrc:59: Error: syntax error 'SIP'

The skeleton implementation looks okay. There are two trivial things you should check,

1) that you use the monit version that you have compiled with the SIP protocol. I.e. if you have the official monit program first in the path you may accidental start this instead of the development version. When testing the development monit version you should use "./monit validate". Its simple stuff but easy to be tricked.

2) In monitrc try using SIP with small letters, i.e. ".. proto sip then alert..". The monit Makefile use flex -i to support case-insensitive keywords. In case you use another lexer than flex or for some reason did not use the monit Makefile.

Ps.  You should send development questions like this to the monit developer list.

Jan-Henrik