[monit] monit config

From: Dudi Goldenberg
Subject: [monit] monit config
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:07:18 +0200

Hello list,

First post here, be gentle...

I am stopping cyrus nightly for the backup cycle, now monit kicks the service
back into action as soon as it finds out that cyrus is not running.

I can place a marker, like 'touch /tmp/skipme' to have monit ignore the cyrus
service while the marker file is present, but I could not find a way to achieve
this in the examples.

The other thing is mdadm.

It sounds like a good idea to have monit watch for /proc/mdstat changes and
reflect it and/or act upon it.

I could do it by checksum comparison, but I would like to analyze the file
content.

Is there a way to do such (basic) content analysis from within monit?

TIA

Dudi Goldenberg
CTO
Kolcore Ltd.