Re: [monit] access to httpd server times out

From: Scott Silva
Subject: Re: [monit] access to httpd server times out
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:17:10 -0700

on 10/19/2007 5:18 PM Raphael Alla spake the following:
Hi,

I am trying to access to monit from my machine. The client machine is outside of the local network and is currently on IP address 202.22.226.66 <http://202.22.226.66>. When I try to connect to monit using my web browser, the connection times out. There is no message in the monit logfile that says that it denied a connection from an unauthorized host.

Here is the start of my monitrc file:

set daemon 90 # poll every 90 seconds
set logfile /var/log/monit
set alert address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
set httpd port 2812
        allow 202.22.226.66 <http://202.22.226.66>
        allow 202.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 <http://202.0.0.0/255.0.0.0>
        allow 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1>
This config will only allow you to connect if YOU are on one of the above addresses.

Any suggestion as to why I cannot connect to the web interface?

Cheers

Raphael
--
Raphael Alla