Re: [monit] access to httpd server times out

From: Raphael Alla
Subject: Re: [monit] access to httpd server times out
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:47:13 +1100

HI, yes I can ping the machine, ssh to it etc. I have even tried with using other ports such as 8080 etc. with no success. I can access the httpd server from the machine itself. There does not seem to be any iptables rules set on my machine...

2007/10/20, Aleksander Kamenik <address@hidden>:
Raphael Alla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to access to monit from my machine. The client machine is
> outside of the local network and is currently on IP address
> 202.22.226.66 <http://202.22.226.66>. When I try to connect to monit
> using my web browser, the connection times out. There is no message in
> the monit logfile that says that it denied a connection from an
> unauthorized host.

Sound like a network/firewall issue. Can you ping the monit machine?

If yes, then your routing is OK. Check the iptables (or whatever) rules,
to see that the port is open for you.

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator