Re: [monit] Execution Failed Status

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Execution Failed Status
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:31:57 +0200

Yes, using the "set daemon <time>" you set the length of the pause between monitoring cycles ... of you'll set it higher, the process should have enough time to start.

We also plan to make the start/stop methods timeout customizable:
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#38

Martin

Sidra Khan wrote:
Hi all,

I’m using monit to monitor some processes and am having some trouble. Monit runs a script to start the processes. If a process takes a little bit of time, like 10 seconds to start monit shows “Execution Failed” and eventually “Unmonitored”. However when I do a “ps –aux | grep <process-name>”, the process is actually running. It probably took some time to start. Is the time monit takes to update it’s status configurable?

Thanks,
Sidra