Re: [monit] monit tag in subject header?

From: Kirrus
Subject: Re: [monit] monit tag in subject header?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:12:56 +0100 (BST)

----- "Jules M" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why not filter on the List-Id Header, i thought thats what it is for?
>
> Jules

It would be, if you have a mail client that can filter on the List-Id header.
My client cannot. Trying to filter by To or CC fields is buggy, and only
filters ~50% of the mail correctly. If the tag is removed, I will have to
unsubscribe from this list.
My mail client is in this case, dictated by my work. (I use zimbra's
open-source webmail)

I am the one who requested that the tag be added, for this very reason. All the
other Mailing lists that I'm on (and I'm on a fair few, for work [monit,
ubuntu, bugsquad, python, web-dev] and for recreation [pbem rpgs]) all have
subject-tags.