Re: [monit] Alert redirection

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] Alert redirection
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:58:02 +0200

On 16. okt. 2007, at 13.55, Henrik wrote:

This is my first post to this list and I wonder if it is possible to configure monit to send alerts in other ways than e-mail? Maybe internal signals etc? The reason for this is that I really like monit to monitor(!) my processes but I want to use a separate program to handle the events (Logging to database, sending SMSs etc.).

How would I go about this?

Its not perfect but you can use exec instead of alert in if-tests and call the program/script you want to handle the notification. Such as in this example where I call growl:

   if failed host 192.168.1.100
      port 80 protocol http then exec
      "/usr/local/bin/growlnotify -m 'apache failed' -t apache"