Re: How can I keep monitoring a Zombie process?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: How can I keep monitoring a Zombie process?
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 20:18:40 +0200

On 5. okt. 2007, at 23.39, Martin Pala wrote:

Should we allow further monitoring? It can be probably better (more flexible).

What do you think?

+ 1 I think we should

Martin

Martin Pala wrote:
Yes, the idea behind it is that the zombie process is usually unmanageable.
Monit thus sends alert and stops the zombie service monitoring.
Martin
MosheC wrote:
Hi,
I have the following line check process xxx with pidfile /home/ moshe/icpipe/run/xxx.pid
Process xxx occasionally becomes a zombie but a new one is created
automatically.

The problem is that monit automatically stops monitoring the process when it
zombies.

I have also tried to trick Monit to think it can restart the process itself
with:
   check process xxx with pidfile /home/moshe/icpipe/run/xxx.pid
        start program = "/bin/true" ###
        stop program = "/bin/true" ###
but that didn't help either.