Re: Question about monitrc file.

From: alex
Subject: Re: Question about monitrc file.
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:02:20 +0300

   Hi Jovan.

    Thank you for detail answer. But one question you don't explain.
    Can you tell me from where you know about this feature (that heartbeat
don't monitoring scripts from /etc/rc.d/init.d or /etc/init.d)? I haven't
doubts that you are right (but i don't check this yet) but want to see
this fact in official documentation (as you wrote in previouse letter).
I'm writing this based on the setup that I've made, from the examples
that I found on internet on http://www.linux-ha.org/

It's my opinion that if you don't specify the resources (monitored
processes) are not defined in /etc/ha.d/resource.d if it's in
/etc/init.d it would practically mean that every
script in /etc/init.d will be monitored resource.

   OK. But i think that 'heartbeat' must not monitored all scripts from
'/etc/init.d' but only those that included in 'haresources' file. And
therefore there is not limitation where scripts must be placed (/etc/init.d
or /etc/ha.d/resource.d).
   Why not?

   There is two way for solve who are right: source code or test.

Unfortunately I made an error in the start up wrapper script that I sent you,
the stop function should be (instead of killing the process it should
call the original startup script to stop the process):

stop() {
     echo -n "Shutting down : "
     $path_to_exec/$exec_name stop
     return