Re: Local Alerts don't work without exec

From: Nathan
Subject: Re: Local Alerts don't work without exec
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:46:24 +0100

Martin Pala wrote:
> The syntax is incorrect - see monit manual. The alert action doesn't
> allow to specify the target email on the testing rule directly. The
> recipients are listed with the standalone 'alert' (local) or 'set alert'
> (global) statement. The correct syntax thus is:
>
>   check file server.log with path /foo/log/server.log
>     if match ".*\s(ERROR|WARN)\s.*" then alert
>     alert address@hidden

Thank you for all your replies Martin, this is exactly what I was
missing and the root of my problems :)

One last question:

Is it possible to monitor one log file but alert different people
depending on matches....

In english then something like:

If match "ERROR" then alert $person_A
If match "WARN" then alert $person_B