Re: Question about monitrc file.

From: Jovan Kostovski
Subject: Re: Question about monitrc file.
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 00:14:53 +0200

> I don't know why heartbeat doesnt do anything in case of service failure,
> have i
> missed something?

The monitored processes don't go via  the heartbeat handler.

You should add wrapper shell scripts for control of the processes
in the /etc/ha.d/resource.d directory that will call the start scipts
in /etc/init.d

The /etc/ha.d/resource.d directory consist the resources (processes) that
are monitored by heartbeat (consult the heartbeat user guide for more ;)

> check process mysql_DBserver with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
>     start program = "/etc/init.d/mysql start"
>     stop program = "/etc/init.d/mysql stop"
>     if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 3306 then restart
>     if 2 restarts within 2 cycles then timeout
>     #if 2 restarts within 2 cycles then exec "/usr/sbin/monit heartbeat stop"
>     group Inet-Primaire
>     mode manual

Replace this with:

check process mysql_DBserver with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
start program = "/etc/ha.d/resoruce.d/mysql start"
stop program = "/etc/ha.d/resoruce.d/mysql stop"
if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 3306 then restart
if 2 restarts within 2 cycles then timeout
#if 2 restarts within 2 cycles then exec "/usr/sbin/monit heartbeat stop"
group Inet-Primaire
mode manual

And add stanard  startup script that will call the scripts in /etc/init.d

HTH, Jovan