Re: how to configure monit for remote server ??

From: Ryan Dooley
Subject: Re: how to configure monit for remote server ??
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 06:57:42 -0700

You can get monit to test remote services but it will only do a basic check (tcp open sort of thing) but I have one host checking mysql, apache, ldap and dns ports on other machines.

  check host foo with address 1.2.3.4
    if failed port 80 protocol http then alert

  check host bar with address 1.2.3.5
    if failed port 25 protocol smtp then alert

  check host baz with address 1.2.3.6
    if failed port 636 type tcpssl protocolo ldap3 then alert

  check host baf with address 1.2.3.7
   if failed port 53 protocol dns then alert

Works well for the most part as a cheap service monitor.

Cheers,
Ryan