Re: Variable for pidfile

From: Jovan Kostovski
Subject: Re: Variable for pidfile
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 00:51:40 +0200

On 8/29/07, Martin Flemming <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, i will distribute this check_hobbit-file on my thousand hosts
> and will change it to the respective hostname  of that machine with ower
> own-house configuration-tool ( .. like cfengine and so on ..)

Hm, .... that can be really painful
I don't know what kind of service you are monitoring,
maybe you can change the name of the pid file to exclude
the hostname, somewhere in the cfg or in the source code.....

But  if you are using some other monitoring tool which is
based on the name of the pid file you'll have to reconfigure it.

Cheers, Jovan