Re: Question about monitrc file.

From: Jovan Kostovski
Subject: Re: Question about monitrc file.
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:35:32 +0200

> I had an error with that command line:
>

> if 2 restarts within 2 cycles then exec "/usr/sbin/monit heartbeat stop"
>
> i get:
>
> /etc/monit/monitrc:212: Error: syntax error 'exec "'
>
> what is the problem ?

The syntax for this check is :
IF NUMBER RESTART NUMBER CYCLE(S) THEN TIMEOUT

So the only action you can take after that check is timeout, which
actually calls the UNMONITOR action which will stop monitoring
the service. This means if you execute this check you'll have to
add another check that will test if the service is not running
and to issue the MONITOR action (run a script monit monitor service_name)

At the moment I can't figure out how to check if process is running (the only
think I can think of is to check if pid changed, but that will notify
you that the
process has been restarted)
Martin? Jan-Henrik? Any Ideas?

Vianney what exactly do you want to achieve? Maybe it can be
done some other way, some other checks.

BR, Jovan