RE: Problem at startup (alert from a service which need a few secondsto

From: Cryer,Phil
Subject: RE: Problem at startup (alert from a service which need a few secondsto start)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:50:53 -0500

>I have a little problem, i have a process who need a few time to start.
So, when i start my computer, i receive
>from monit an alert telling me that the process is not launched, and a
few seconds later, i receive a new email
>telling me this process is launched...so i would like to know how to
correct that ?

If you have monit set to cycle every minute:
        set daemon  60

Then a line like this would restart an app only if it were down for more
than two minutes:
        if failed host 192.168.1.1 port 8080 for 2 cycles then restart

Likely good practice, since if monit restarts the process that takes a
long time to startup, you wouldn't want it telling you it's still down
when it's just restarting.

Adjust time to taste, enjoy.

 If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments),
or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete
it and any attachments.  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward
Jones, please send this request to address@hidden  You must include the e-mail
address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications.