Re: no PID with fastcgi, can I monitor it?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: no PID with fastcgi, can I monitor it?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:01:23 +0200

On 16. aug. 2007, at 07.51, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

A hack that comes to mind is to have an extra check

No extra check is needed of course, just the if-test. I was following another line of thought and forgot to cleanup the suggested solution. See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pkill or write a home-brewed script to do the same.

check process apache with pidfile /var/run/apache2.pid
  start program = "/etc/init.d/apache2 start"
  stop program  = "/etc/init.d/apache2 stop"
if totalmem > 1500 MB for 3 cycles then exec "/usr/bin/pkill wwsympa.fcgi"
  [...]