Re: is monit just a pain in the arse or what ?

From: andrew taylor
Subject: Re: is monit just a pain in the arse or what ?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:38:39 -0500

Martin Pala wrote:
1.) RTFM
2.) post your config
3.) keep etiquette or get fired

Martin

andrew taylor wrote:
Normally, when I ask monit for status, I get this...

address@hidden:~# monit summary
monit: cannot read status from the monit daemon

This happens constantly and is frustrating and useless.

When I do get data, it tells me something like this...

Process 'rails_mongrel_9200' Execution failed
Process 'rails_mongrel_9201' Execution failed
Process 'rails_job' running
Process 'rails_mailer' Execution failed

uhh...not quite, if I ps, all the processes are running, all the pids are there, everything is fine.

When I ask monit to start/stop by group, it usually ignores me.

All these monit features, and to me, the basics are not even right.

I am running Ubuntu Feisty server with the apt-get monit installed, so I did not screw anything up in the build/install.