Re: Adding one-time checks to monit?

From: Sergio Trejo
Subject: Re: Adding one-time checks to monit?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:42:53 -1000

On 6/25/07, Martin Pala <address@hidden> wrote:
The "every" statement will check the service after the given count of
cycles, even on monit's start. It could be possible to extend monit and
introduce "every" with fast start (i.e. check on first cycle and then
every n cycles). We should however keep the current behavior for
backward compatibility, since some users may depend on current
slow-start "every".

Martin, I completely agree, thank you for the clarification. You don't want to break backward compatibility. Let monit be monit. Let inetd be inetd (or launchd be launchd)!

Cheers,

Serg

Martin