Re: Feature request: view log from web interface

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Feature request: view log from web interface
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:20:15 +0200

On 21. jun. 2007, at 12.54, Ian P. Christian wrote:

It would be really useful to be able to view the log of what's happened via the web interface.

You can view monit's log file from the web interface, http:// www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/shoots/monit_httpd2.gif see that button in the lower right corner :)

Though this require that you setup monit to log to its own log file.

For example, when I've stopped cron (to test monit), it does detect it's down, and restarts it fine - however it would be great if I could see this in some kind of log on the web interface.

I'd expect to find this in 2 places. Firstly, an overall log, showing the logs for ALL services. I would then expect to see a log specific to a service when viewing that service on the interface.

Is there a place to make feature requests, or is the list the best method?

For the above you will have to wait for m/monit (http:// www.tildeslash.com/mmonit/) which will provide all this[1]. Monit will post events to m/monit that is stored in a central database for your viewing pleasure. m/monit is still smoke and mirror and under development.

1. We want to keep monit small and focused. All the other ballyhoo will be pushed over to m/monit.