Monit behind mod_proxy/apache

From: Ian P. Christian
Subject: Monit behind mod_proxy/apache
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:31:33 +0100

Hi all,

I'm hosting monit behind apache/mod_proxy, so that I don't need monit to listen to an external IP, I have it listening on just localhost, and can then access it via apache (which has it's own security in place).

This kinda works. :)

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
    SSLEngine on
    ProxyPass /monit/ http://localhost:2812/
</VirtualHost>

So, going to http://server/monit  shows the monit page - great!

The problem is though that monit assumes to be running on / , so links from the page link to /something, rather than /monit/something

Can anyone suggest a way to fix this? I would prefer not to have monit listening on an external IP, and I would like my monit interface to be accessible via the same vhost I access all my other server administration tools.