Re: Multiple monit configurations for different cycles on the same machi

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Multiple monit configurations for different cycles on the same machine?
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 19:45:09 +0200

This setup is possible.

Monit also has the "every" statement which allows to skip given count of cycles, thus you can run some checks less frequently then others.

Martin

Sergio Trejo wrote:
Would there by any problems running multiple monit daemons on the same machine, whereby each daemon has two different cycles? For example, I may want one instance of monit to monitor an external hard drive with many directories for changes on a cycle of once per day (set daemon 86400); and at the same time I might want another instance of monit on the same machine to monitor daemons on a much higher frequency cycle (set daemon 120). I don't mind maintaining separate monit logs for each of these, but I just want to make sure that there would be no problems / conflicts in doing so.

Thank you.

Serg