Re: false positive cpu user usage after monitor all

From: Aleksander
Subject: Re: false positive cpu user usage after monitor all
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:21:13 +0300

Martin Pala wrote:
If there is short 100% usage which you aren't interested for, then you could use the event rate to make alert just when the cpu utilization keeps 100% for example for two consecutive cycles.

I have this in the config for the host in question:

        if cpu usage (user) > 95% for 2 cycles then alert

I already have it! And as I mentioned earlier, monit sends the alert AND resource passed message on the _same_ second. The cycle is 55 sec btw. I also doubt that the cpu usage spikes at 100% when I do "monit monitor all", although I have no proof against nor for it.

Anyway, I still think there's a bug somewhere.

Also worth mentioning again, this does not occur always.

Thanks for the quick reply,

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator