Monitoring files with Regex

From: James Quacinella
Subject: Monitoring files with Regex
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 19:53:23 -0400

Hello everyone,

I had mentioned this issue in the past (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monit-general/2007-02/msg00087.html) and monit 4.9 was suppose to have made an improvement, but currently I am facing the same problem as before.

Basically I am monitoring a file for a regex ("Segmentation fault") so that I can be alerted when apache starts to act up. All is fine, except I get a notification for everytime it appears in the file for that run, which can number into the thousands. I figured the solution would be to have the action as 'unomonitor', so that it would stop monitoring the file once the regex matched the first time but this hasn't solved the issue.

# monit -V
This is monit version 4.9
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 by the monit project group. All Rights Reserved.

# cat /etc/monit.conf
check file httpd-error-php5 with path /usr/local/www/logs/error_log
   if match "Segmentation" then unmonitor
   if match "Too many files open" then unmonitor

Is there any way to make monit only send one notification? Maybe a new kind of check / action?

Thanks!
-- james