Re: CYCLES

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: CYCLES
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 01:52:30 +0200

what's a cycle?
I set my monit to check every 60s then a cycle is 60s?

Yes

so if I check my apache if it's still alive and put 2 3 cycles it check the server two times every 60s? so in 3 minutes it will restart the server?

No, you must be looking at the timeout command which has the syntax, "if X restarts within Y cycles then timeout". This means that if monit has to restart apache 2 times with in a 3 cycle period (i.e. 180 sec in your case), monit will timeout the apache service and ignore it next time it does its check cycle. Please read the doc, it is all explained there.

Jan-Henrik