Re: 4.9 configure error etch debian flex not found

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: 4.9 configure error etch debian flex not found
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:35:55 +0200

On 22. apr. 2007, at 23.53, Mark Lewis wrote:

# ./configure
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
configure: error: monit requires flex, not lex

Checked the archives for this error couldnt see similar - just thought I'd check with you guys before I searched for and installed flex - can someone tell me why I need this installed to install monit?

Flex is a lexical analyzer used by the control file parser. Flex is only needed when building monit from source. You may instead consider installing a binary version looking here http://www.tildeslash.com/ monit/download/packages.php

Best regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
http://tildeslash.com/