Re: Monit HTTP console stopped on reload

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit HTTP console stopped on reload
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:43:43 +0200

Alexey Verkhovsky wrote:

It should be quite quick, and until monit finished reload, it won't
perform any other action.

It should be, but it aint. HTTP server won't start until the end of
the next monitoring cycle. That may be a minute or two.

The SIGHUP signal sets the reload flag, which is compared as soon as the current monitoring cycle finished - this may take a while, depending on your setup and services state.

I think the described behavior is normal, but if you feel that there something odd, we can look on it. Can you run monit in debug mode (using -v option) and send the logs? Also strace could help - see monit's FAQ.txt for debug instructions.

Thanks,