Re: commandline + http

From: Nick Upson
Subject: Re: commandline + http
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:11:05 +0100

running monit via the setting in inittab has fixed the problem

On 04/04/07, Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> wrote:
On 4. apr. 2007, at 15.43, Nick Upson wrote:

> I don't understand why this fails but the browser works

This is okay, monit's http server just timed out since you did not
send a HTTP request. So this obviously works. Hmm, that means that
"monit stop all" and stuff like that should work. Hopefully there
should be some errors in the log file, can you see anything? (To turn
on logging, paste for instance this, some place at the top of
you .monitrc file "set logfile /tmp/monit.log"). Also add the -v
option when you start monit since it logs more info that way. That
is, "monit -vc monit.cfg" and "monit -v stop all". (Note, the -v
switch is only for testing and should not be used when running monit
in production since the log file can be rather large)

*