Re: multiple invocations of same program

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: multiple invocations of same program
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 21:36:53 +0200

Hi,

monit uses the pidfile for process monitoring, so provided each your instance creates its own pidfile then the monitoring of each particular instance is possible.

Martin

Nick Upson wrote:
Hi,

I just started looking at monit and it seems really good so far but I
can't work out how to do the this. I have 4 processes which are the
same executable with a different option file specified on the command
line, so the ps output has

bs bs1.cnf
bs bs2.cnf
bs bs3.cnf
bs bs4.cnf

they are controlled by seperate files in /etc/init.d, so the start commands are
/etc/init.d/bs1.sh, bs2.sh etc. This is running on fedora core 5.